11/70 light fun

System Administrator root at mutley.UUCP
Wed Feb 24 17:29:34 AEST 1988

Bored with turning the knobs on the front of my 11/70 here, I zapped this
little program together to bounce the front panel lights a bit.  I run it
in the background with a priority of +200 and it nibbles at the free cpu
cycles, resulting in a pretty fair indicator of cpu usage; the lights slow
down or stop depending on free cpu time.

This is written for V7 shared-data type kernels.  It works on Venix but I
don't know about any others.  Basically it just modifies real-memory
location 777570(Octal).  This probably has do be done by uid 0.

Has anyone else plugged into to lights on the '70?  I'd like to know.

=======================================
main()
{
int *addr;
unsigned int i,j,k;

phys(6,1,0177775);
addr = 0140070;
	i=0140000;
loop:	i = i >> 1;		/* Playing with this line changes the pattern */
	if(i & 01 )  i |= 0100000;
	for(k=0;k<=06000;k++);
	*addr = i;
	goto loop;
}
--
Scott G. Taylor       Pmd Resources, 3709 Old Conejo Rd, Newbury Park, CA 91320
snidely!mutley!staylor at wlbr.eaton.com                            (805) 499-0367