Interpreting memory errors

John Bossert bossert at Thalatta.COM
Sun Feb 21 02:36:44 AEST 1988

On a 780 with 8Mb interleaved, I'm seeing:

	mcr0: soft ecc addr 1100dd syn 26        (DEC 1 Mb boards)

According to the formula, addr = 00xxxxyy where x is part
of "addr" and y is part of "syn", I have an address that
is way greater than 8 Mb...  Does the leading 1 in this
address have anything to do with the interleaving?  Does
it indicate the upper array?

Thanks in advance.

--

In-Real-Life: John Bossert, Thalatta Corporation, (+1 206 643 7187)
Domain: bossert at Thalatta.COM   Path: uw-beaver!uw-entropy!thebes!bossert