"dd conv=unblock cbs=80"

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Sat Jul 2 08:23:02 AEST 1988

As quoted from <10104 at tekecs.TEK.COM> by andrew at frip.gwd.tek.com (Andrew Klossner):
+---------------
| >> Can't you just do: "dd conv=unblock cbs=80 (or whatever)" to
|
| > Apparently not:  neither System III nor System V r3.1 supports it.  (I used
| > "strings" on both systems, to make sure it wasn't merely undocumented).
|
| Either your "strings" is busted or you have a crippled V3.1.  The

My eyeballs must be broken.  I checked again and the option is listed.  But
it isn't in our manual, and it isn't on System III.
--
Brandon S. Allbery, uunet!marque!ncoast!allbery			DELPHI: ALLBERY
	    For comp.sources.misc send mail to ncoast!sources-misc