Root shell in shell scripts, HELP?

Dave Hammond daveh at marob.MASA.COM
Mon Jul 18 23:24:40 AEST 1988

In article <833 at lsrhs.UUCP> led at lsrhs.UUCP (Jay Jungalwala) writes:

>	Well see what I am looking for is a program (useing shell schripts)
        ^^^^^^^^^                                    ^^^^^^       ^^^^^^^^
        Well, see,                                   using        scripts
>to make a root shell useing csh but haveing it set uid to root, but it can
                      ^^^^^^         ^^^^^^^
                      using          having
>be run by non-root people.  See I need this, because I am writeing a exam
                                                           ^^^^^^^^^^
                                                           writing an
>(computer) and I need a root shell in the exam.  And this will be executible
                                                                   ^^^^^^^^^^
                                                                   executeable
>by everyone, but csh for some reason likes (I think) to do a getlogin(), then
>a getuid() I on the getlogin().  So is there a way around this, or it can
>also be a program (C) that will do it.
>
>	Well if you need more info on what I am talking about here is my
>mailing address:
>
>	led%lsrhs at mit-caf.uucp	[Last I checked this worked]
>
>And I will give you all the information that I can.

I am having so much fun correcting the grammar that to answer the question
seems almost superfluous. Besides, I can't seem to make heads or tails of
what JJ is really trying to say :-). However, as a stab-in-the-dark, I would
say he's looking for 'su'. No?

Dave Hammond
UUCP:   {uunet|rutgers|spl1|...}!hombre!marob!daveh