SysV RFS Puzzle

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Sat Jul 23 23:59:34 AEST 1988

I have Starlan and RFS running between a pair of 3B2/400s which are
running SysV R3.1.2.  Machine mc3 is advertising resource mc3-root to
the primary (mccc).  That resource is on mccc's automatic mount list,
yet mccc says that there are no resources available for mounting.  ???

What's happening?  How do I get mccc to mount mc3's resource?  Thanks.
(I've been using the sysadm menus to do all this.  Is there a bug
somewhere?)  I should point out that at one point mc3-root was indeed
mounted on mccc's /mnt, but since rebooting mccc, I can't get mccc to
mount mc3-root.

Pete Holsberg                   UUCP: {rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division             CompuServe: 70240,334
Mercer College                  GEnie: PJHOLSBERG
Trenton, NJ 08690               Voice: 1-609-586-4800