Unix info needed

bob desinger bd at hpsemc.HP.COM
Wed Jul 13 12:17:41 AEST 1988

BoB Miorelli (miorelli at pwa-b.UUCP) writes:
> What are the real issues regarding the differences between System V
> and Berkeley?

Buy the book _Portable_C_and_Unix_System_Programming_ by J. E. Lapin,
published in 1987 by Prentice-Hall.  It compares the systems command
for command, call for call.  250 pages.

> what's the status of IBM's AIX?? ... Give me it's plusses and minuses.

Can you call IBM, ask for their marketing communications department,
and get them to send you a pile of brochures?  You'd at least get the
plusses there.  Check to see if there's an AIX or IBM User's Group in
your neck of the woods, go their next meeting, and ask there.

-- bd