Interactive Background Processes

Greg Woods woods at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
Sun Jul 10 13:56:36 AEST 1988

If you are writing a new program, or you have source for your
application, the AT&T UNIX System Toolchest may be of help.
(1-201-522-6900, login: guest)

A product called "BPTAP-Background Process Terminal Access Package" is
available in source form for $250.  It is a set of four functions that
can connect a background process with the user's current terminal for
the purpose of sending messages or output, and receiving replies.

I've not used this product, and have no affiliation with AT&T.  I just
happened across it in my AT&T catalogue the other day, and I can't
recall anyone mentioning it yet.
--
						Greg Woods.

UUCP: utgpu!woods, utgpu!{cpcc, ontmoh, ontmoh!cpcc, tmsoft!cpcc}!woods
VOICE: (416) 242-7572 [h]		LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario, Canada