Cheaper winnies on an NCR tower

Paul T Ockenden ockenden at prlhp1.prl.philips.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 17:15:24 AEST 1988

I'm posting this for a friend who doesn't have a news feed (poor thing)

Please reply direct to him as    .....mcvax!ukc!cix!dj

NCR Drives : A Plea for help.

We have an NCR Tower 32/600 here. NCR being the *wonderful*
people they are want about 4500 for a 140Mb drive. This sticks in
my throat.

First. Without going to an external cabinet, is there anyway of getting
a bigger than 140Mb drive *INSIDE* the 32/600. We already have one 140Mb
and the 46Mb drive so we could say bye bye to the 46Mb, if we could boot
on it.... or move the 140Mb into the 46Mb's place... All suggestions
gratefully accepted.....

Second. 4500 UK Pnds for a 140Mb drive is er... a little steep... Does
anyone know how to install a non-NCR drive into a 32/600 without
waking up at night cold and sweating.

PS. These drives would have to take a hammering.....

Thanks in advance

                   DJ.

--
Paul Ockenden  Philips Radiotheapy Systems, Crawley, UK  +44 293 28787 x 4349
  UUCP - uunet!mcvax!ukc!prlhp1!ockenden  JANET - ockenden%prlhp1 at uk.ac.Ukc