Cheaper winnies on an NCR tower

Greg Hackney hack at bellboy.UUCP
Tue Jul 26 04:51:30 AEST 1988

In article <531 at prlhp1.prl.philips.co.uk> ockenden at prlhp1.UUCP writes:
>NCR Drives : A Plea for help.
>Does anyone know how to install a non-NCR drive into a 32/600 without
>waking up at night cold and sweating.

It's my understanding that the Radiology Dept. at Michigan
State University has Tower 32-600s running with CDC-9766
drives and Xylogics 450 disk controllers.

I wouldn't recommend your trying to do it yourself though,
let a vendor do it, at no cost to you if it doesn't work out.

I got a bid from NCR for a big drive, and you are correct in
that they are proud of them. Priced theirselves right out of
that sale, and out of my desire to try to grow the machine, thus,
putting the project on another vendors machine.
--
Greg