Big Fun with Sys V signal handling

Michael C. De Masi demasi at paisano.UUCP
Tue Jul 26 04:39:47 AEST 1988

Hello Wizards,

This is, I guess, more of a general question than I usually
post.  Can anybody out there point me towards a generalized
text on strategies to process signals in a full screen run
time unix environment?  Several applications around here
are having great troubles with the concepts involved here,
and it's hard to give them hard and fast rules that have
any meaning to their plight.

We do understand the basics behind signal() and the rest
of the signal handling facilities supplied with the system,
that's not the problem.  The problem is developing some
set of strategies which will allow our programmers to use
these facilites in a coherent and useful fashion.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, including
those which simply represent your personal views on the
subject.  Please email if possible.

Thank you,
Michael C. De Masi - AT&T Communications (For whom I work and not speak)
2340 Dulles Corner Blvd.  Herndon, Virginia 22071   Phone: 703-834-8123
UUCP:   decuac!grebyn!paisano!demasi
     "All things considered, I'd rather be in Philadelphia" - W C Fields