O'pain Software Foundation: (3) relationship to GNU & openness

Haller jhh at ihlpl.ATT.COM
Wed Jun 8 08:54:28 AEST 1988

In article <371 at mipseast.mips.COM> rogerk at mipseast.mips.COM (Roger B.A. Klorese) writes:
>7% (plus, as I recal, a board seat) can have quite a bit of influence,
>especially when AT&T is contractually committed to being able to own
>20%.

Sun probably has done its best to avoid any hostile takeover attempts
with its agreement with AT&T.  With 20% ownership, although AT&T may
have some influence, it does not have control.  And, because AT&T
can buy 2x the amount of anyone else that buys more than 20%, other
potential takeover artists are likely to look for other, easier targets.