rsh and nfs home directory

David Brown david at pyr.gatech.EDU
Thu Jun 30 01:47:43 AEST 1988

In article <10730 at pollux.UUCP> jgd at pollux.UUCP (Dr. James George Dunham) writes:

>	We are running 4.3 + NFS from Mt. Xinu on some 750's and uVAX-II.
>...Further background is that root
>does not have superuser priviliges on NFS mounted file systems. The
>machines are set to run with each other being an equivalent host.

>				-Jim Dunham
>				 pollux!jgd

I think you need to change the kernel variable 'nobody' in order to allow
superuser access over the network.  There are several ways to do this, so I
won't delve into them here.  Look at the Sun manuals ("System Administration",
under "Sun Network Services").  Hope this helps.

                -David Brown

David Brown
Armstrong State College, Savannah, Georgia
uucp: ...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!david
ARPA: david at pyr.gatech.edu