Spooling to an Encore annex via lpd

John Sloan jsloan at wright.EDU
Wed Jun 22 21:19:25 AEST 1988

in article <10657 at ames.arc.nasa.gov>, medin at cincsac.arc.nasa.gov (Milo S. Medin) says:
> Don't worry about pscomm.  R4.0 has a feature where you can run a
> reverse telnet daemon that creates a file that pscomm can open and read
> and write, etc...  The daemon then does a TCP connect to the annex
> port of your choosing.  A really nice idea.
>
> Fixed in 4.0!
>
> 					Milo

R4.0 of what? SunOS? Annex software from Encore? Transcript?

I embarressed to admit that shortly after I made my prior posting about
not being able to spool to a LaserWriter via an Annex serial port, it
occurred to me how in fact it might be done using a pty/tty pair.  Dumb
dumb dumb. I'm debugging now. If/when it works as well as I think it
should, I'll ship the filter off to Rich Salz for comp.unix.sources,
unless is obsolesced by something else sooner.

--
John Sloan, The SPOTS Group    Wright State University Research Building
CSNET: jsloan at SPOTS.Wright.Edu  3171 Research Blvd., Kettering, OH 45420