Request BSD 4.23!

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Wed Jun 1 23:15:18 AEST 1988

In article <7843 at ncoast.UUCP> allbery at ncoast.UUCP (Brandon S. Allbery) writes:
>Is an AT&T-Toolchest source license ($200, last I checked) sufficient to get
>4.3BSD sources?

There is no such thing as an AT&T-Toolchest source license.
The AT&T UNIX System ToolChest contains many individually-priced
software items, ranging in price from free to several $K.

4.3BSD sources, as Chris said, can be shipped only to those that
have an AT&T UNIX source license (32V, System III, or System V).
I don't know whether older UNIX licenses are still available nor
whether educational institutions still get a substantial discount;
call (800)828-UNIX and ask for UNIX licensing information.

(By the way, there are additional restrictions on 4.3BSD, mainly
a licensing agreement with the University of California.)