Front-ends to SCCS?

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Fri Jun 3 04:37:26 AEST 1988

Hi wiz.kind.of.people,

     I need to implement a configuration management system on a
couple of customer projects.  While I know of some high-end
systems in development (one really cool one at AT&T), these are
overkill in the short term.  Basically, I cannot imagine that
anybody out there uses SCCS without some front-ends to manipulate
s-lists and such; would anybody care to share some of this wisdom
with me?  I don't so much need the code -- I can handle that part
-- I just need some ideas on what will make a safe, nonintrusive
version-control system.  I realize that "safe" and "not getting
in the way" are often mutually exclusive, but anybody else could
do better than what I have now.  Manual pages, docs, code, ideas,
whatever.  I've wanted this for two years and am finally going to
do it.  Please help...

     Steve

--
Steve Friedl    V-Systems, Inc. (714) 545-6442      3B2-kind-of-guy
friedl at vsi.com     {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl    attmail!vsi!friedl

Nancy Reagan on ptr args with a prototype in scope: "Just say NULL"