SysV rel3 license

Karl Kleinpaste karl at triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu
Fri Jun 3 23:39:29 AEST 1988

rml at hpfcdc.hp.com writes:
   [various comments about difficulties with the V.3 license.]
   It is very difficult for a large corporation to commit
   a large portion of its business to such uncertainty.

Jeesh!  You're complaining about `not being able to commit to
uncertainty' when your company just helped create one of the most
successful uncertainty-generating organizations ever seen in our
industry?  In the words of Bill Gates, as quoted in the Wall Street
Journal of 18 May, "This means at least several years of confusion."

Trite 19th-century comments about the pot calling the kettle black
come to mind.

Just how much `commitment to uncertainty' can you expect from
everybody else now?  If you're concerned about uncertainty from ONE
other vendor, think of thousands of us customers who now have to cope
with SEVEN of you.  At least I think I can see where Sun and AT&T are
going.

Stepping off the soapbox from
this one permanently now,
--Karl