O'pain Software Foundation: (2) Why is it better than AT&T?

Henry Spencer henry at utzoo.uucp
Mon Jun 6 10:52:41 AEST 1988

> ... Having a 'standard' defined by one (or two) companies'
> proprietary system may not be a good idea...

An amusing sidelight on this one is that in a talk a while ago here, some
Sun folks criticized MSDOS et al for being controlled by two companies!
They didn't have a satisfactory answer when I challenged them about it.
--
"For perfect safety... sit on a fence|  Henry Spencer @ U of Toronto Zoology
and watch the birds." --Wilbur Wright| {ihnp4,decvax,uunet!mnetor}!utzoo!henry