ARC standards

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP
Fri Mar 18 00:17:14 AEST 1988

In article <3721 at killer.UUCP> tad at killer.UUCP (Tad Marko) writes:
>My thought on the question of ARC file portability is why isn't some
>sort of standard devised.  It seems to me that with the volume of

  ARC is the original program from SEAware, and it's format is a
standard of sorts. There are UNIX programs which do a reasonable job of
handling this format, and, I'm told, a VMS ARC reader program.

  For a portable standard I have switched to "zoo" as being truly
portable. I run it on BSD, SysV, MS-DOS, SunOS, VMS, etc. I have been
told that it runs on Amiga and Atari also.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)