ARC standards

Tad Marko tad at killer.UUCP
Thu Mar 17 16:28:46 AEST 1988

My thought on the question of ARC file portability is why isn't some
sort of standard devised.  It seems to me that with the volume of
stuff going from machine to machine over phone lines this would have
been an issue brought up some time ago.  I would sure be nice if
there was some standard DOS/UNIX/VMS/Whatever-else-turns-you-on
ARC file format.  How about a program that combines this compression
with builtin optional uuencoding?  (Maybe I need to read about
data compression techniques...this program sounds like a really
good 401 project for school).

Tad
--
	   Tad Marko at UNIX Connection BBS AT&T 3B2, Dallas, Texas
   "And the knowledge that they fear is a weapon to be used against them..."