DEQNA device drivers mod'd for V-kernal. Help!

Steve Cumming stevec at fornax.UUCP
Sun Mar 27 05:58:19 AEST 1988

Our MicrovaxII is happily running 4.3BSD, thanks
to the efforts of richl at penguin. But are the prof's
satisfied? No way.

They want me to install the V-kernal from stanford.
It uses pseudo ethernet drivers to present its
applications with direct access to the ethernet.
These pseudo drivers require that the 4.3 device drivers
be modified. V-kernal source is distributed with
a number of modified drivers, but not the one I need.

Being lazy, I'd rather not spend several weeks trying to
modify DEC's 4.3 driver (/sys/vaxif/if_qe.c).
Has anyone done this allready?

If you have, or have any thoughts to add to the rather
fragmentary discussion in V-kernals installation guide,
please send me e-mail.

If there's interest I'll post a summary and/or
forward to other hapless systems folk.

Steve Cumming
School of Confusing Science
Simon Fraser University, Vancouver.