RFS vs. NFS

George W. Leach reggie at pdn.UUCP
Tue Mar 29 08:35:16 AEST 1988

In article <7556 at brl-smoke.ARPA> gwyn at brl.arpa (Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) <gwyn>) writes:
>I wonder if anyone in AT&T who controls product
>planning learned a lesson from that?

    I doubt it.  The culture at AT&T (as opposed to BTL) probably hasn't
changed enough since 1/1/84 to allow for such *advanced* thought :-)

>AT&T isn't alone here, but I pick on them because of my frustration at
>not being able to build applications on software technology
>that I know could have been available if only...

    So thats what those guys in the HP commercials are thinking about :-)
"What If......AT&T hadn't screwed it up"

    But seriously, I agree!!!  (who couldn't?)  It must be damn frustrating
for some of the folks at the Labs to see thier fine work go down the tubes
due to lack of marketing expertise and infighting due to politics in the
product development stages.  Remember BTL does the research and someone else
re-implements those ideas as a product.  Too bad that v8 (or now v9) was not
in a form to be released to the world.

--
George W. Leach					Paradyne Corporation
{gatech,rutgers,attmail}!codas!pdn!reggie	Mail stop LF-207