VMS is not the evil empire

Andrew Siegel abs at nbc1.UUCP
Fri Mar 11 08:27:46 AEST 1988

In article <20469 at bu-cs.BU.EDU> bzs at bu-cs.BU.EDU (Barry Shein) writes:
>DEC's pathological resistance to providing hardware service on Vaxes
>running Ultrix or Unix is a good reason not to buy Vaxes, it's no
>reason not to buy Unix which can be had from responsible vendors.

Correction (partial): DEC *does* support VAXes running ULTRIX.
We've had ULTRIX since June '85, and have had hardware support all
along.

They may not know what to *do* with ULTRIX, but at least they'll
service the machines.
--
Andrew Siegel, N2CN			NBC Computer Imaging, New York, NY
{philabs,steinmetz,ge-dab}!nbc1!abs	(212)664-5776