Wanted: C Coding Standards Info

Todd Burkey trb at stag.UUCP
Thu Mar 17 10:00:02 AEST 1988

Hi,
  We are currently looking into a long term migration from a Pascal Programming
environment (>1 million lines of code on Apollos) to C. Our main areas of
concern center around obtaining portable and maintainable code. Since many
of our programmers have never used C before, we really need to start out on
the right foot and have a well defined set of coding standards. I would
appreciate any input from the net at large on this topic. I have a copy of
the Indian Hill C Style and Coding Standards (as ammended for U of T Zoololgy
Unix...as ammended for HCR Project E). I have no idea how old it is, though.

  Please send any responses to me at trb at stag.UUCP and I will summarize to the
net if anyone else is interested. Thanks in advance.

  -Todd Burkey
   trb at stag.UUCP
   ...ihnp4!bungia!stag!trb
   or ...crash!stag!trb  for you West Coast people...