Ultrix == Unix

Bob Page page at swan.ulowell.edu
Fri Mar 18 06:05:34 AEST 1988

grr at cbmvax.UUCP (George Robbins) wrote:
>about the time 4.3 BSD comes with DECnet, LAT, disk based partition
>tables and now NFS, I'll have it running here a week later.

Interesting that some sites try to get their UNIX machines to look
like VMS boxes (at least as far as functionality goes), while others
are trying to get their VMS machines to look like UNIX boxes...

Are on-disk partition tables that important?  How often do you
change your partitions?

Administration here is threatening to trade my 750 (4.3) for an
8000-class machine.  I hope I can convince them to make it an 8200 so
I can run the UMD mods to 4.3...or maybe a microvax!  That's the ticket...

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page at swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page
		"Nicaragua" is Spanish for "Vietnam."