HP-UX Plug

rja rja at edison.GE.COM
Thu Mar 10 23:30:03 AEST 1988

I had mentioned problems with International language support with HP-UX.
I've been corrected by the folks at HP, who say that they are in fact
X/OPEN compatible.  I accept this as true.  I should have been clearer
in saying that my concerns lay mostly in the Japanese/Chinese arena.
  Now, it's been a little while since I wrote my thesis on Chinese/Japanese
computer systems and I admit up front that things might have changed.
The new question is, is HP-UX in full conformance with all of the Japanese
JIS standards ?? Compatible with the AT&T Sys V NLS, which seems to have
many vendors supplying conformant products ??

  I suspect that this discussion is now too specific for the newsgroup.
If you agree, please use e-mail. :-)

  rja at edison.GE.COM or ...!uunet!virginia!edison!rja