More Questions about Sun OS/ATT Merged UNIX.

Bill.Stewart.<ho95c> wcs at ho95e.ATT.COM
Wed Mar 9 14:19:15 AEST 1988

In article <14020014 at hpisod2.HP.COM> decot at hpisod2.HP.COM (Dave Decot) writes:
:> [someone's comments on combining SysV and BerkOS by using common]
:> [commands and resolving semantic differences ]
:HP-UX conforms to SVID (except NSE, at the moment), and includes job control,
:select, interval high-resolution timers, process/data memory locking,
:ksh, shell layers, RCS, X, ARPA/BSD networking, preemptable kernel,
:"contiguous" files, BSD-style fast file system, symbolic links, long
:file names, multiple group IDs per process, NFS, SIGIO, and lots of
:non-SVID System V stuff.  All in a system that passes the SVVS.

Guess the SVID/SVVS must not be picky about setpgrp() behaviour.  To give
HP-UX credit, they document their somewhere-in-between solution well,
and it's not clear there *is* a right way to resolve the differences.
I must say, just having a System V with sockets is a pleasant start,
and they've done a lot more.
--
#				Thanks;
# Bill Stewart, AT&T Bell Labs 2G218, Holmdel NJ 1-201-949-0705 ihnp4!ho95c!wcs