Help us defend against VMS!

Renu Raman, Taco-Bell Microsystems ram%shukra at Sun.COM
Wed Mar 9 10:19:00 AEST 1988

In article <3347 at briar.Philips.Com> rob at philabs.Philips.Com (Rob Robertson) writes:
>I have a few problems with Ultrix documentation.  There
>are also alot of DEC internal formats that ain't documented.  Changing
>the "BUGS" section to "RESTRICTIONS" is something that really irks me.
>Why not call a spade a spade?   And the removal of the "AUTHORS"
>sections is also a pisser.  Alot of the berkeley stuff was done by
>midnight hackers whose only renumeration was being listed under the
>AUTHORS section.  I'd rather use 4.3 BSD.
>
>rob

     Do you think Ken would have liked to see while logged into an ultrix
     machine:

     "man csh" and see

     AUTHOR

	Bill Joy

     Naah.

     Sequent manuals have been more faithful with regard to author
     sections. Some pages where Sun manuals have removed references
     (vmstat comes to my mind - AUTHORS - Joy & Ozalp Babaoglu)
     sequent has faithfully reproduced.  Maybe Bill removed those references.