Help us defend against VMS!

Rahul Dhesi dhesi at bsu-cs.UUCP
Thu Mar 3 12:03:00 AEST 1988

In article <284 at wright.EDU> jsloan at wright.EDU (John Sloan) writes:
>DEC has delivered a
>proposal for a 6MIPS VAX for $1.2M. Six months ago I purchased,
>received, and deployed our Sun-3/280S, a 4MIPS engine for under
>$100K.

I forwarded this and two previous articles on this theme from
comp.unix.wizards to comp.os.vms because I thought they deserved wider
circulation.

The UNIX versus VMS battle was lost and won some years ago, around
1984, I think.  It's all moot now.  But if you still discuss it, it
would be a good idea to let both comp.unix.wizards and comp.os.vms
readers follow it.  It will also add balance, since the real VMS
defenders are all in comp.os.vms.
--
Rahul Dhesi         UUCP:  <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!dhesi