I need a SysV select()

Doug Gwyn gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA
Wed May 25 21:53:10 AEST 1988

In article <7812 at ncoast.UUCP> allbery at ncoast.UUCP (Brandon S. Allbery) writes:
>| If you set MIN and TIME to 0 in the terminal handler, then an attempt
>But that still leaves him polling.

Look, this is JOVE we're talking about, for Chrissakes!
The needed functionality is to "peek" to see if there is keyboard
input every so often while in the middle of a screen update loop,
so unnecessary screen output can be avoided.  The solution I gave
works just fine for that.  All these more complex schemes people
have been proposing are far less efficient.