I need a SysV select()

Eduardo Krell ekrell at hector.UUCP
Tue May 17 11:23:13 AEST 1988

In article <9738 at sol.ARPA> jpayne at rochester.UUCP writes:

>Hi.  The simple version of my question is, is there an equivalent
>function in SysV for BSD's select()?

The simple version of my answer is NO.

>If the answer is no, here's what I am trying to do.  I want to get input
>from either the keyboard or from some other file description.

System V Release 3 and up have a poll() system call which acts like
select(), but works only on stream file descriptors.  Currently, the
tty driver is not streams-based (it will be in the future), so poll()
won't help you either.

    Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ

    UUCP: {ihnp4,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell		ARPA: ekrell at ulysses.att.com