how to find childs current working directory?

MFHorn arosen at eagle.ulowell.edu
Sun May 22 15:53:42 AEST 1988

>From article <843 at esunix.UUCP>, by bpendlet at esunix.UUCP (Bob Pendleton):
> I have a need to find the current working directory of a child
> process. The child is usually csh, but it can be any program.

I have a want to find the current working directory of ANY process,
not necessarily a child, sibling, parent, 1st cousin, etc.

I can get at the kernel's idea of a process' cwd and root directory,
the vnode structs from the user struct.  But I haven't got the foggiest
idea how to turn them into path-names.

Any pointers?  [pun intended]

Adthanksvance.

Andy Rosen           | arosen at hawk.ulowell.edu | "I got this guitar and I
ULowell, Box #3031   | ulowell!arosen          |  learned how to make it
Lowell, Ma 01854     |                         |  talk" -Thunder Road
                   RD in '88 - The way it should be