how to find childs current working directory?

Bob Pendleton bpendlet at esunix.UUCP
Sat May 21 06:56:22 AEST 1988

I have a need to find the current working directory of a child
process. The child is usually csh, but it can be any program.

The closest I've come to a solution is to use ptrace PEEK_USER to get
at the current directory pointer and some how open the directory so I
can read it using readdir. I don't know if this is possible, or even
the right approach. Any suggestions, pointers to documentation, or
best, code, would be greatly appreciated.

		Thanks

			Bob Pendleton

--
Bob Pendleton @ Evans & Sutherland
UUCP Address:  {decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4,allegra}!decwrl!esunix!bpendlet