UUCP over SunLink X.25

Robert Perlberg perl at step.UUCP
Fri May 20 04:36:15 AEST 1988

In article <196 at tekbspa.UUCP>, joe at tekbspa.UUCP (Joe Angelo) writes:
> Hope this isn't a stupid question -- but just how can you tell what
> protocols *your* uucico supports -and- can you force a particular
> protocol to be used (read: requested) with a specific connection?

Log in as "uucp" (or whatever login it is that starts up uucico).  When
you get the "Shere" prompt type the following:

^PShostname^@

Where:

"^P" is a control/P

"hostname" is any reasonable hostname

"^@" is a NUL character (control/@ on most terminals, control/SpaceBar
on some)

The system should respond something like:

ROKPfg

where "fg" is a list of the protocols it supports.

Robert Perlberg
Dean Witter Reynolds Inc., New York
{philabs | mancol | dasys1}!step!perl
	-- "I am not a language ... I am a free man!"