who uses which shells

Chris Torek chris at mimsy.UUCP
Tue May 24 23:16:42 AEST 1988

In article <5500021 at snail> carroll at snail.CS.UIUC.EDU writes:
>... Of all the people we've had try to korn shell after the csh,
>every one has switched permanently.

Put it this way:  Which shell does Mike Karels, chief architect of
4.3BSD, use?  Answer: ksh.  (Does anyone know which shell Bill Joy
uses? :-) )

I think AT&T is making a mistake when not including ksh as a standard
part of SysV.  It is one very obvious bit of software that is clearly
superiour to anything available in 4BSD, and they need all the technical
advandages they can get.

>	"Too many fools who don't think twice
>	 Too many ways to pay the price"  - AP & EW

But the next line is my favourite of those in that song:
	`Don't wanna live my life in the real world'