OSF -- some more news

Juha Hein{nen jh at tut.fi
Thu May 26 16:16:50 AEST 1988

In article <760 at fig.bbn.com> rsalz at bbn.com (Rich Salz) writes:
>[ The full press release is in comp.std.unix; check it out. ]
>
>I've heard this from a couple of people that I trust...
>
>The Open Software Foundation will be basing their Unix-style OS
>on AIX, which is System V release 2.  One reason is that it is

Which AIX? Based on IBM specs there are at least three different AIXs:
AIX/370, AIX/PS-2, and AIX/RT, which are all different and none of
which is Sys V Rel 2 compatible! At least AIX/370 will be compatible
with BSD 4.x but may also include Sys V stuff.

--
	Juha Heinanen, Tampere Univ. of Technology, Finland
	jh at tut.fi (Internet), tut!jh (UUCP), jh at tut (Bitnet)