Device driver question: ccblock

Michael michael at stb.UUCP
Sat May 7 06:39:05 AEST 1988

(I assume that device driver questions belong in wizards; if not, my apologies)

I'm trying to install a SYS5 device driver on a SYS3 machine. All looks well,
except for one minor problem: the driver is refering to a struct ccblock,
which does not exist on sys 3.

The driver is a psuedo terminal driver, a nice, simple character device, but
the only information I have on writting device drivers talks about system 5,
and the tty structures are different (sys 5 has seperate receive and
transmit ccblocks, sys 3 has only one cblock (note: one c) for its buffer).
(yes, sys3 does have all three clist queues).

My question is, how do I translate the ccblock's ptr, size, and count
information for systems without them. Either that, or what routines are
system 3 drivers supposed to use to pass characters to the terminal routines
(i.e., what are the calling sequences for the *linesw[] () routines?)

				Michael
p.s. Target system, if it matters, is Radio Shack's 16, xenix system 3.
(Yes, I know sys3 != xenix3, but they're pretty close)
--
: Michael Gersten          uunet.uu.net!ucla-an.ANES\
:				 ihnp4!hermix!ucla-an!denwa!stb!michael