Reading 12255 byte tape blocks on System V

Stephen J. Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Sat May 7 12:25:14 AEST 1988

In article <7849 at brl-smoke.ARPA>, gwyn at brl-smoke.ARPA (Doug Gwyn ) writes:
> In article <741 at hdr.UUCP> eric at hdr.UUCP (Eric J. Johnson) writes:
> >I am having trouble reading 9-track tapes that have a blocksize greater than
> >8192 bytes on my AT&T 3B15 running System V 2.1.1 equipped with a standard
> >1600 bpi 9-track 1/2 inch tape drive.
>
> I don't have direct experience with this configuration, but I have heard
> from usually-reliable sources that the limit is in the magtape controller
> itself, not in the operating system software.

Considering that AT&T makes both controller hardware and driver
software, this does not provide much recourse or alternative :-(.

--
Steve Friedl    V-Systems, Inc. (714) 545-6442    3B2-kind-of-guy
friedl at vsi.com    {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl   attmail!vsi!friedl