OSF, etc. -- some facts, some rumors

Guy Harris guy at gorodish.Sun.COM
Fri May 27 06:52:09 AEST 1988

> On the other hand, it COULD mean a GREAT deal if as Unix comes off the tape
> it just happens to contain device drivers and memory management code for a
> machine that Sun sells.

"sundev" is a huge directory; making all the devices we sell work is our job,
and that stuff is unlikely to show up on an AT&T release (does anybody *really*
want a driver for the Sun-1 parallel interface?).  As UNIX comes off the tape,
it will probably contain device drivers and memory management code for a
machine that AT&T sells, but that's true for the S5R3 releases as well.