NCR Tower 600 to NCR Tower 800

Bill wdr at cstowe.csoft.co.nz
Fri May 27 06:23:01 AEST 1988

Hi there fellow Netlanders,

   We will be installing our first NCR Tower 800 and I wanted to know
if anyone has experience with

    1. Running 600/400 objects on the thing. We have been told that
       most objects are compatible but I would like to know what would make
       them incompatible.

    2. Any possible problems recompiling stuff to run on it.

   Also any hints about squeezing performance out of it would be nice
(but please don't suggest heaps of AP's and FP's :-), and I think I
know about the standard uniprocessor ways to get the things to run fast.)

   Mail or post - whatever.

 Thanx to any kind person who replies:

Bill D. Ryder                        ...!uunet!vuwcomp!dsiramd!pnamd!cstowe!wdr
Phone 063-65955 (IDD 64)         or  wdr at csoft.co.nz
Commercial Software N.Z. Ltd., PO Box 4030
Palmerston North,  Aotearoa (New Zealand if want to use snail mail)