"time" command in csh(1)

David Keppel pardo at june.cs.washington.edu
Sat May 21 08:18:01 AEST 1988

[ Advance apology if recent topic, I can't keep up with the volume here ]

I'm trying to undestand the meaning of the "time" builtin command in
csh(1).  I've looked at Ultrix 2.0, 4.3 BSD and USENIX man pages, all
to no avail.

If anybody can please tell me, even to a first approximation, what the
various numbers mean, I'd appreciate the information.

Also, I vaguely remember that somebody in this group (perhaps 2 years
ago) made up a man page just for the "time" builtin.  If anybody has a
copy of that lying around, it would be *real* useful.

Please e-mail if practical; if sufficient interest I will summarize.

	;-D on  ( But your *vice* president *is* a crook )  Pardo

		pardo at june.cs.washington.edu
		..!ucbvax!uw-beaver!uw-june!pardo