"time" command in csh(1)

Andrew Klossner andrew at frip.gwd.tek.com
Tue May 24 03:57:05 AEST 1988

	"If anybody can please tell me, even to a first approximation,
	what the various numbers mean, I'd appreciate the information."

Here's what it means under UTek, the Tektronix Berkeley-derived system.
I don't know whether we changed it from vanilla Berkeley.

	0.0u 0.0s 0:00 100% 0+0k 0+0io 0pf+0w
					   ^ number of swaps
				       ^ major page faults
				   ^ blocks written
				 ^ blocks read
			      ^ data segment resident set size (in kilobytes)
			    ^ text segment resident set size (in kilobytes)
			 ^ average percentage of CPU cycles used
		     ^ elapsed time
	       ^ system time
	  ^ user time

  -=- Andrew Klossner   (decvax!tektronix!tekecs!andrew)       [UUCP]
                        (andrew%tekecs.tek.com at relay.cs.net)   [ARPA]