O'pain Software Foundation: (2) Why is it better than AT&T?

Roger B.A. Klorese rogerk at mips.COM
Sat May 28 03:48:54 AEST 1988

In article <14181 at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> karl at triceratops.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) writes:
>When was the last time that AT&T
>involved its competitors heavily in a new release of SysV?

AT&T was no threat because it was never a viable competitor in the
systems business.

>All other companies, including Sun, have been playing catch-up to
>AT&T's releases since Day One.

Yes, but "including Sun" is the key phrase.  Now they are holding an
inappropriate advantage.
--
Roger B.A. Klorese                           MIPS Computer Systems, Inc.
{ames,decwrl,prls,pyramid}!mips!rogerk  25 Burlington Mall Rd, Suite 300