When did paging get into System V

Root Boy Jim rbj at icst-cmr.arpa
Wed May 18 04:17:34 AEST 1988

   From: Doug Gwyn  <gwyn at brl-smoke.arpa>

   In fact, we opted for 4BSD at BRL instead of some USG derivative
   when we acquired our first VAX partly because some of our (then)
   important applications were going to benefit from virtual memory.

   It didn't take long for people to develop hopelessly BSD-dependent
   applications, though, so it's hard to dig our way out even if we
   wanted to.

At that time, BSD was vastly superior. It took TPC awhile to ketchup.

	(Root Boy) Jim Cottrell	<rbj at icst-cmr.arpa>
	National Bureau of Standards
	Flamer's Hotline: (301) 975-5688
	The opinions expressed are solely my own
	and do not reflect NBS policy or agreement
	My name is in /usr/dict/words. Is yours?