Re^2: Should ``csh'' be part of the System V distribution?

Brandon S. Allbery allbery at ncoast.UUCP
Tue May 31 12:24:47 AEST 1988

As quoted from <2132 at munnari.oz> by kre at munnari.oz (Robert Elz):
+---------------
| Then surely no-one sane would actually write a csh script to be used
| for anything more than personal uses, its programming language is so
| foul (only just a bit better than the v6 shell it replaced) that you'd
| have to be insane.

Umm, Robert, have you told this to Richard Stallman?  Last I saw, just such
a script was provided to build Gnu Emacs (and the Makefile does not do
everything that typing "MAKE" to a 4.xBSD csh does).

Or was that intended to be a comment about the Free Software Foundation
and/or RMS?  ;-)
--
	      Brandon S. Allbery, moderator of comp.sources.misc
	{well!hoptoad,uunet!marque,cbosgd,sun!mandrill}!ncoast!allbery