ksh history editing

XMRP50000[jcm]-a.v.reed avr at mtgzz.UUCP
Fri May 20 03:12:48 AEST 1988

In article <2199 at quacky.mips.COM>, dce at mips.COM (David Elliott) writes:
< 2. Having used the csh history mechanism for nearly 8 years, I'm used
<    to being able to do things like
<
< 	% foo bar
< 	...
< 	% ^oo^ob^		# change first foo to foob
< 	fob bar
< 	...
< 	% mv foo.c foo.c.old
< 	% !!:gs/foo/bar/	# change all foo to bar
< 	mv bar.c bar.c.old
<
< I was told once that there was a ksh with a complete csh-style history
< machanism.  Is this true?

Yes. What's beautiful is that you can use it with the command set of
your favorite editor, whether vi or emacs; there is no need to learn
another set of editing commands just for the shell.

				Adam Reed (mtgzz!avr)