KSH portability

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Thu May 12 03:32:00 AEST 1988

In article <341 at alice.marlow.reuters.co.uk> fox at alice.UUCP (Paul Fox) writes:
>Well, I managed to get it running on Xenix/386 very easily. Xenix/286 was
>a different kettle of fish. In fact I couldnt spare the time to do the work.

I ported it to Xenix/286 (2.1.3) by typing "make" and reading a magazine
for a while. I don't recall any problems at all (this is the ksh-i
versions, the older versions took some doing).

I have ported it to Sun, Ultrix, Alliant, 3B1, Convex, and Encore. All
were relatively easy, but the Convex version still doesn't have working
line editing, due to a bug I don;t have time to chase.

It doesn't ALWAYS self install so smoothly, but the changes are usually
in the makefiles (and scripts) rather than the code.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)