Should ``csh'' be part of the System V distribution?

Michael T Sullivan sullivan at vsi.UUCP
Tue May 17 14:31:29 AEST 1988

In article <2593 at polyslo.UUCP>, jeff at polyslo.UUCP (Skippy The Wonder Hacker) writes:

>   The system that I run is the major unix machine for the university.
> Here is the breakdown on shells:
>
> 	csh(actually tcsh):	740
> 	sh:			  5

When I was going to school (UCSB, just down the road a ways :-) I'd say
most if not all students were using csh.  It was the default shell and
we didn't know any better to change it or even if we wanted to.  I took
a class my last year, though, in which we went over sh and compared it
to csh.  sh came out on top although it's been a few years since the
class and the last time I used csh so I can't remember the reasons given
(meaning: don't flame me).  Students are sheep (usually).

--
Michael Sullivan		{uunet|attmail}!vsi!sullivan
				sullivan at vsi.com
HE V MTL			Anybody out there remember Max Webster?