Swap

rjd at occrsh.ATT.COM rjd at occrsh.ATT.COM
Mon May 9 22:51:00 AEST 1988

+::On System V Release 2 Version 2 (paging) and later releases, the
+::
+::				Peyton Yanchurak
+  Sorry, Unix System V release 2 is swapping.  Release 3 is paging....
+
+Randy

  Ooops, sorry - I was wrong (sorry Peyton).  Many people have corrected me
and flamed me for my ignorance.  The last system V release I had any dealings
with before 3.1 was 2.0.5....
  And here I was wondering if the articles from this site were even getting out
to the world due to lack of response.  At least this one did (and it would be
one that I was wrong :-(.

Randy

P.S. Am I correct in thinking that Release 3 introduced streams, then?