Problems with vaxuba/dm{f,x}.c and EMULEX CS41

Kurt Schreiner ks at fb10vax.uucp
Tue Oct 11 02:00:25 AEST 1988

We have a similar problem with a DMF32 (DEC original) and an EMLUEX CS21.
Configuring both interfaces into the kernel, autoconfig works fine, but
going multiuser the system crashes with "Segmentation fault". Taking
one of the interfaces out of the config file, the system boots and
goes multiuser without any problem. We have had the same behaviour
with the driver we use in 4.3 (labeled "dmf.c 6.1 83/07/29"). At least
the revison of the CS21 board has never been upgraded. The next thing
we'll do is to change the emulation-eproms of the CS21 to emulate a
DH11 and try if this will do with the dmf32. I'll post the results
when it's done.

kurt

ps.: we are still running 4.3 but use the dmf-dmx driver from
     4.3tahoe.

email : ks at fb10vax.informatik.uni-saarland.dbp.de
  or  : ...!uunet!unido!sbsvax!ks
voice : +49 681 302 2596
snail : Kurt Schreiner, Universitaet des Saarlandes, Rechenzentrum,
        Bau 36.2, Im Stadtwald 15, D-6600 Saarbruecken 11, West Germany