bitnet - arpanet mail

Kenneth Ng KEN%ORION.CCCC.NJIT.EDU at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Tue Oct 11 00:02:06 AEST 1988

|Date:         Mon, 10 Oct 88 04:55:47 CDT
|Sender:       Unix-Wizards Mailing List <UNIX-WIZ at NDSUVM1>
|From:         Adam_E._Stein.HENR801c at XEROX.COM
|Subject:      Re:   <None>
|The syntax for mailing from Arpa Internet to Bitnet is:
|
|                    u%h.bitnet at N               where:  u = user
|= host
|= machine (i.e. wiscvm.wisc.edu)
|To go from Bitnet to Arpa Internet, the syntax is:
|                     u at d.I                                where:  u =  er
| us
|= domain
|I = com, edu, etc.
|Hope that helps.
|
|Adam Stein

The site 'wiscvm.wisc.edu' is *NOT* the official mail gateway anymore.
For that matter the site is no longer on the net, I've been told.
While I'm more familiar with bitnet mail going to arpa than the
reverse, I believe that cunyvm.cuny.edu is the best bet for arpa
to bitnet mail.

--
Kenneth Ng
ken at orion.cccc.njit.edu, ken at orion.bitnet, ken at mars.njit.edu